10 Take Home Lessons: Forget the Calories, Focus on the Quality of Your Diet
Here are the take home lessons from Dr. Ludwig’s paper:
- Overeating doesn’t make you fat. Your fat cells make you overeat.
- You make hungry fats cells by eating sugar and refined carbs.
- Restricting your calories will slow your metabolism, make you hungry and guarantee that your weight loss attempts will fail.
- Eating a higher fat, higher protein, lower sugar and refined carb diet will speed up your metabolism and cut your hunger.
- Controlling what you eat is much easier than controlling how much you eat.
- Forget calorie counting. It’s not about the calories but about diet quality and dietary composition. Just try eating 1,000 calories of broccoli.
- End our scientifically outdated position that all calories are equal and weight loss is simply a matter of eating fewer calories than you burn.
- Lower insulin by a sugar detox, and watch your body lose weight effortlessly without hunger or cravings.
- To learn more, watch the movie Fed Up or read The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet (a medically designed program to cut insulin and detox from sugar and refined carbs).
- Stop blaming yourself for lack of willpower, and start empowering yourself by eating real, whole, fresh food that’s low in sugar and starch.